“The US Department of Homeland Security has issued a National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin pertaining to the changing threat landscape following the U.S.-led airstrike in Iran.” This bulletin specifically addresses Cyber Security and this note is a reminder that we all have a part to be diligent when it comes to Cyber Security.
- Previous homeland-based plots have included, among other things, scouting and planning against infrastructure targets and cyber enabled attacks against a range of U.S.-based targets.
- Iran maintains a robust cyber program and can execute cyber attacks against the United States. Iran is capable, at a minimum, of carrying out attacks with temporary disruptive effects against critical infrastructure in the United States.
- Be careful of suspicious emails and phone calls.
- Call people back on numbers you know
- Do not click on links or attachments on suspicious emails
- Know where you data is stored and that is being backed up
- Stay diligent and ask for IT Support if you have any questions.
How do I read more?
We are advising your to be careful on clicking on links and attachment so if you are unsure you can go directly to:
- The full bulletin release can be read here.
- Additional information can be found at www.dhs.gov
- More NGT blog posts and security tips can be found at www.ngtnet.net
If you’re not sure, please feel free to reach out to NGT by going to http://www.ngthelp.com to call, email or chat with our help desk staff!